Spicy Almonds Jeanette April 15, 2015 Recipes One of the challenges of eating properly is figuring out what to "snack" on. I love nuts, so that's easy. But with my food sensitive diet, I can only have almonds and pistachios. However, almonds are too hard for my teeth! So what to do? Turns out when you bake almonds they get softer, particularly when combined with other ingredients. So I find myself turning to these spicy nuts when I need a snack to chew on. Yum! Spicy Almonds 2015-04-23 22:40:01 Serves 10 These are a good snacking food that you can adjust to your taste for spicy. Write a review Save Recipe Print Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 20 min Total Time 30 min Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 20 min Total Time 30 min 173 calories 6 g 0 g 15 g 6 g 1 g 30 g 237 g 1 g 0 g 14 g Nutrition Facts Serving Size 30g Servings 10 Amount Per Serving Calories 173 Calories from Fat 129 % Daily Value * Total Fat 15g 24% Saturated Fat 1g 6% Trans Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 4g Monounsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 237mg 10% Total Carbohydrates 6g 2% Dietary Fiber 3g 12% Sugars 1g Protein 6g Vitamin A1%Vitamin C0% Calcium7%Iron6% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Does this look wrong? Ingredients 2 cups almonds (I use the whole almonds you can buy in bulk at the store.) 1/2 t cayenne pepper 1 t cumin 2 T oil (this may be more than you need, so go easy then add more as needed) 1 T salt Instructions Preheat oven to 300 degrees Combine the almonds with all other ingredients in a plastic bag and shake until the almonds are coated. Place the almonds on a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Notes I line the baking sheet with foil so that I can toss it for clean-up. After the nuts cool, store them in an airtight container. By Jeanette Cates beta calories 173 fat 15g protein 6g carbs 6g more Jeanette's Journey https://jeanettesjourney.com/ Comments comments Leave a Reply Cancel Reply Your email address will not be published.CommentName* Email* Website Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.